Friday, November 1, 2013

An Attitude of Gratitude Day 1

I am a firm believer in the theory that in order to find true happiness you need only count your blessings.  And in the days leading up to Thanksgiving I like to remember all the things I am so blessed to have in my life.  Some things are easy to bring to mind...other times I am so caught up in life and all that gets thrown my way that I forget how good I have it.  And during the times I can't seem to fight my way out of a paper bag....I try to stop and remember to have an attitude of gratitude.  Before long I have forgotten what was pulling me down.

So today, on day 1 of my Attitude of Gratitude....I am thankful for my messy kitchen.


You heard right!  My messy kitchen.  I have money for food, a home to cook in, a family to share my meals with and when all that is done I have a husband and kids who help clean it up.  Ok, yes I often have to threaten them within an inch of their lives to help, but they eventually see it my way and give in.  Looking for something to be thankful is not often easy.  But for me I need only look as far as my kitchen sink.   


What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment