Monday, November 11, 2013

Attitude of Gratitude Day 11

I know.  I know!  I missed a few days on here but isn't it the thought that counts? We've been busy making memories and being thankful even tho I haven't posted about it the last few days.

Today I am thankful for our veterans.  Saturday night Mark, the kids and myself attended an annual service at Poplar Grove National Cemetery, in Petersburg.  The service is part of a Veterans Day celebration that results in the illumination 6,000 graves of Union Soldiers.  Some of the luminaries have memorials to more recently fallen soldiers and veterans.  And some of the luminaries have messages of thanks to members of our armed forces.





During the service park rangers narrated stories of some of the fallen soldiers.  Then from somewhere in the dark a bugler would play taps.  Park rangers encouraged visitors to find a spot away from other visitors just to sit and reflect.  It was a wonderful service to be a part of and one I hope to take part in next year as well.

Thank you to all of our veterans...past, present and future.




No comments:

Post a Comment