Friday, September 7, 2012

Back to School Tree

Yep it's that time of year.  The kids are now all getting on their buses and heading off to their schools.  They are all opening those new notebooks and getting out their brand new crayons.  I'm totally jealous.  I love school supplies :-)  Call me a dork, I don't mind.  To celebrate the new month and the back to school joy I'm having I did a Back-to-School seasonal tree.



We have....flash cards, a few school bus ornaments, "best teacher" ornaments, red and blue ornaments (thought I had yellow but couldn't find them), a couple school supplies that I put some ribbon on and hung on the tree and the garland type thing is a border for a bulletin board.  The kids didn't seem to care that much about it but at least they didn't set it on fire...so I'll take that as a hint that Back-to-School isn't THAT horrible. 

Along with the tree I did a few other crafts for the theme...



The melted crayon canvas....that was the most fun I've had in ages.  Check out Pinterest for sites to explain how it's done.  Really not hard at all!  I see one being done with all blues and greens in the near future for all year display.  




Even the outside
got into the spirit

Something about a new school year....starting over, clean slate, a fresh page....and getting back to seeing friends.  I totally was a geek in school....does it show?  :-)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment