|Found an old picture of the DARK cabinets|
First I removed all the doors, sanded and cleaned all of our doors, primed them, painted them, covered them with a sealer and finally Mark rehung them for me. This process took a couple weeks total. That was due to the fact that 1. You can't prime or paint but so many coats in one day. 2. I was still working part time so had to actually go do that. 3. We ARE the Busy Bryants so life didn't stop just because I threw our kitchen into chaos.
A couple things I will just put out there...I used Kilz Premium primer on everything that I was going to paint, I used Behr paint from Home Depot but a Sherwin Williams color (Alabaster) for my paint and I covered everything finally with many (many) coats of Deft Aerosol Sealer. I used the same door handles as before but did change the hinges. The hinges ended up being the part I called Mark in on ;-)
For the final thing I did add a new piece to the kitchen...a center cart for more storage. Already had one but it was smaller/darker.
|During the chaos|
There are still a few things that will get changed. Like a new sink, a back splash, and stainless steel fridge/stove to match the microwave and dishwasher. But I'm in no rush to tackle those things just yet! Since the kitchen was getting so much attention the rest of the house felt neglected. So I did a few minor things to change up the rest of the house. I'll share that tomorrow.