Sunday, May 17, 2015

New Discoveries

Almost nothing gets me as excited as finding a new place to discover.  When that new place is right under my nose and happens to be totally awesome I can barely contain myself.  About a month ago I was driving through the town of Colonial Heights when I realized a sign, that I've probably seen a dozen times, said there was a park close by.  I had a few free minutes on my hands and decided to check it out.  Sure enough I had just stumbled onto Roslyn Landing Park


Right along the Appomattox River, it has a walking/biking trail, a boat dock and a picnic pavilion.  The park is part of a bigger plan to create a greenway that follows the river through the city.  The entire span is not finished but currently there is about 1.5 miles worth of paved walkway along the river starting in Roslyn Park. 




I'm not even going to pretend that I didn't act like a kid in a candy store when I realized what we had found.  I know to a lot of people a trail is nothing exciting...but then again they aren't the kind of people to plan an entire trip around hiking a trail.  There is more to this story (an even larger concept for the trail) but that will have to wait.  Happy hiking.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment