Friday, October 9, 2015

Weekend Plans?

Exciting things have been going on in Virginia the last couple of weeks. 

First there was the UCI Road World Championships, then we had the grand opening of The Capital Trail and this weekend we are enjoying the sounds of The Richmond Folk Festival.

It seems the state has been doing all they can to bring the business, tourism and fun to us.  I'm thankful since we love to get right in the middle of all the action.  On the other hand I don't live in Richmond and I don't have to put up with the extra traffic. 

I have to admit we didn't visit Richmond to watch the biking championships but only because we had already made plans for camping...however a monsoon swept through and cancelled those plans. 

The Capital Trail has been a big project for the state that I've been keeping my eye on.  It's been finished in stages and we've been lucky enough to bike two sections.  I've blogged about it before here.  Now the entire trail is done.  We had a plan to bike the trail in two days with a short stay at a B&B for the night.  That plan was for last weekend.  Again monsoon season seemed to be upon us so we had to put that plan on the back burner for now...but SOON.

52 miles of beautiful trails


The Folk Festival is in town THIS weekend so I've made plans with the family to attend at least one of the three days...now if only the weather holds out!  I can't take another rainy weekend. 

I did find out during our time stuck indoors that I find it very hard to relax.  I used to know how...but I've lost the ability.  I did finish a book and try a new recipe so something got accomplished. 

What other exciting things are going on?  What are your plans for the weekend?  Tonight we are visiting Old Towne Petersburg, Saturday is the Rugged Maniac 5K, and Sunday is the Richmond Folk Festival.  Busy Bryants indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment