Friday, January 15, 2016

Winter Blues not Blahs

I have to admit I am suffering from a terrible case of the winter blues...and by winter blues I don't mean blahs...I mean I'm seeing blue, eating blue, dressing blue.  I think I'll call this my Blue Period.  It's January, it's cold outside, I would even say it's slightly dreary.  So a bright pop of blue, the shimmer of silver, the fresh white of a winter snow...all have me happy to get out of bed in the mornings. 

Of course the seasonal tree is all blues, silvers and whites


Something fun for the kitchen

Blues and teals to set the table


I'm pretty sure if I buy any more converse my hubby will have a baby cow


I have girls coming over next week for Girl Scouts and have an idea of making some blue cupcakes with white icing.  I might even try out my new Kitchen Aid Mixer.  If they come out ok I might share them next week.  Last week I was feeling crafty and wanted to try making a skirt for the littlest.  The blue/winter theme played heavily into it.




I have never sewn a skirt so I was a little hesitant to get started.  But I found this tutorial on Pinterest and it was so easy I made a couple in just a couple hours.  You can find the tutorial at Dana Made It.


 
 
This weekend we have a few fun things on tap.  I'll be doing the Frostbite 15K in Richmond.  It will be a new race for me but I'm trying to embrace all the glory of this winter.  I just hope it doesn't live up to it's name!  There is also a newish brewery in Richmond we might check out.  I don't know about you but I'm not going to let the winter blahs get me :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment