Sunday, February 14, 2016

The Not So Great Chocolate Race

We had an entire weekend of adventure planned out.  We were heading to Hampton for the night so that I could run in the Great Chocolate Race 10 miler.  We had plans to stay in an awesome hotel, eat our weight in chocolate and then spend the rest of the weekend recovering from that over indulgence.  Mother Nature had other plans.  So the race was postponed.  SIGHHHHHHHHHH.  I cancelled the awesome room, pretended to forget about the chocolate and started working on other plans for the weekend.  I really didn't come up with much but since the next two weekends are going to be busy I figured spending one weekend at home wasn't a bad thing.  I did manage to get a few things done.


We had the youngest daughter's birthday party this weekend.  To prepare for it I worked on a yummy snack to put in her goodie bag. 


Then I found myself with a little extra time on my hands and decided I needed to paint my nails in a sassy red with a little heart to go along with it. 


The last thing I did was work on this cute craft to add to the girl scout Valentine boxes I am working on.  By the time they will get the boxes Valentine's day will be gone.  But I'm betting the girls still love getting them. 

So no grand adventures this weekend.  But still we found a way to be productive.  I'll keep you posted on that Chocolate Race just how much chocolate I'll be eating :-)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Chocolate race! It is definitely that what I need now! This is so cool! Thank you so much for sharing the post!

    ReplyDelete