Monday, October 1, 2012

Monday Love

What can I say except I have a crazy, mad, love for my friends and of course my family.  So when I can have lots of friends and family over to help us celebrate a Friday then I am as happy as a clam.

Mark and I worked on the yard during the evenings last week because we were having friends over Friday night to roast hot dogs and marshmallows.   For me that meant getting to play in the dirt again :)


Thanks to my mother-in-law I got this super cute cart :)



For Mark it meant sitting up the canopy and getting out all the chairs....Thank you honey!


I didn't get pictures of the festivities on Friday night.  I was just too busy catching up with friends.  I got to see friends I haven't seen in years and I got to see friends that I haven't seen in what FEELS like years.  I wish there were more times like these :)

We carried some of the fun over into Saturday.  Old Towne Petersburg had a wine festival and don't you know it was just calling all our names.  Three of us that went had won tickets various ways....so if that's not a good sign I don't know what is!










On Sunday I made a meal fit for a King....and then didn't eat ANY of it!  You heard right.  We didn't eat any of it.  I froze it instead.  I really like to cook and I like when my family can sit down for a meal together.  So I made 4 "main" dishes and a couple sides that usually take so long that I tend to leave them at the back of my recipe file.  I did throw in a new dish and from the smell of it I think I picked a winner.  So this week and the next few weeks I'll be able to still put a home cooked meal on the table after a day of working, going to cross country meets, going to the gym and all those other obstacles that get in the way. 


Apricot pork chops, lasagna rolls, mini meatloaves, chicken cordon bleu,
corn casserole and green bean casserole :)

I finished the weekend off sitting out on the deck with my feet kicked up....and I thanked my lucky stars that I have such good friends and such a close family.  :)  Happy Monday people.  It's the start to another wonderful week.



No comments:

Post a Comment