Tuesday, August 6, 2013

North Bend Park Campground

A couple weekends back the Busy Bryants (along with some Holts and Fergusons) spent a weekend camping on Jonh H. Kerr Reservoir (a.k.a. Buggs Island Lake) in Boydton, VA.  We spent the weekend at the North Bend Park Campgrounds surrounded by water, trees and plenty of other campers.



This was a new park to us.  Both Mark and I had been to the lake at various times in our childhoods but couldn't recall being at this particular park.  The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers operate the park with has over 200 electric/water hook ups site and primitive camp sites.  I think the total number is closer to 250 which is a lot but because it is so spread out you have plenty of room on each site and if you get there early Friday there are plenty to choose from.  Some sites are closer to the main road while some are right next to the water. 

The main attraction for us was the beach of course.  I really think I have a couple fish on my hands instead of kids.


No life guards on duty
 


Each site allowed up to 3 tents and 6 guests.  Next time we'll know that Tommy and Christy can have their own tents :-)



We don't TOTALLY rough it

My view out of the tent window

This trip the kids actually let me spend a little time reading and relaxing.  Tommy and my dad did a little fishing (you will need your state license if you want to so that).  My sister and her hubby did some biking.  I spied a small Italian restaurant really close by too so if you don't want to cook EVERY MEAL, you do have options!  It was a great mini vacation.  Just the get-a-way we needed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment