Friday, June 10, 2016

Corporate 4 Miler and More Training

Yesterday evening, after work, some of my co-workers and friends participated in Sports Backer's Corporate 4 Miler.  It's suppose to be an evening of promoting health in the work place while enjoying time being active with some of Richmond's finest employees.  Banks, law firms, counties, hospitals....people who work....all come together to have a great night of fun.  There is always a band, beer on tap, and food to be had.  And did I mention a 4 mile run? 

Since I'm now in training mode....still weird to say....I didn't hesitate to sign up.  Of course my employer made it even more enticing by offering to pay most of the cost.  I couldn't pass that up, right?  Plus I've run it the two previous years so I knew what a fun time it was. 

The course is on the grounds of Innsbrook Office Park in Richmond.  It just makes since to run a Corporate Race on the grounds of several of Richmond's Corporate Offices.  Thankfully most of the route is shaded by race time and the scenery is really nice. 

 
Before all of the festivities began
 
This makes me chuckle everytime
 
Post race hydration is a must
 
Not bad for being my 3rd day in a row running


Like most races there was a complimentary t-shirt, there were 3 water stops on the course, water/sports drinks at the finish and there was a timer.  No timing chip but a timer so you could record your own time.

So far this week I have over 20 miles logged.  With that being said TGIF because Fridays are REST days! 

This weekend we have a banquet to attend for our oldest daughter, friends coming in town for a visit and some breweries to check out.  Somehow I'm even working an extra 12 hour shift.  Nothing like booking up the entire weekend! 

Happy adventuring!


 
 

1 comment:

  1. Most businesses will hire a staff to save on permanent staff for performing admin functions such as calendar management, travel and event arrangements, email support service

    ReplyDelete