Thursday, June 9, 2016

Early Morning Running

I'm not a fan of it.  I try to avoid it.  I think of a million excuses to not do it.  I have done it in the past when no other option seemed possible.  It never lasts for more than a day or two with me.  I enjoy getting up, showering and having coffee while my brain wakes up.  Not getting up, changing into running gear and going out to run.  I'm like a sloth the first thirty minutes of the day so running and morning have just not been sustainable for me.  I must overcome this.  Since there is so much training involved with the MTT (Marathon Training Team) program I am going to HAVE to look for time in places I don't usually look.  That means mornings.  So this week, the first week of training, I set my alarm for 5am...and I begrudgingly got myself up....and ran.  I was not happy about it.  I came up with a dozen excuses to hit the snooze.  But I did it.  I convinced myself it was just one morning.  It would free up my evening for another important thing I couldn't miss.  I always think that after I'm done with an early morning run I will feel energized, invigorated and full of motivation to keep up the routine.  I usually just feel hot, sticky and ready to coffee :-) 

It's my hope that I can force myself to get up at least once a week and do a mid week run.  Otherwise I will either miss other events or miss out on training.  If anyone seems my morning run motivation laying around....let me know!

 
On a good note this week I've logged in over 16 miles since Saturday morning.  I have a race tonight, The Corporate 4 Miler, that will make up my Thursday training.  And finally rest day on Friday! 
 
If you are a morning runner and have any ideas let me know.  I've probably tried them but it's can't hurt to see if there are some new ideas out there.
 
Happy adventuring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment