Monday, June 2, 2014

The Planter Project


When I moved in with Mark he had a washer and dryer that were hidden behind a set of bi fold doors that had seen better days.  About a year later those doors were sitting outside behind our shed waiting to be my next craft project.  This past weekend I finally got around to that project. 

I bought two cans of spray paint-$7, a flower planter $11, and a few plants $10.  The rest of the supplies I already had....the doors, a wire brush, 5 2x4 blocks, and potting soil. 



I used the wire brush to clean off the old dust, dirt and the chipping paint.  The planter was going outside so it didn't have to be perfect.  I just wanted it free from leaves and grass that had accumulated over the years.


Then I put a couple coats of paint on the doors.  Like my color choice?  Did you think I would get a different color? 


Then we leaned the doors up next to the fence and screwed the basket right onto the doors.


The 2x4 blocks were to keep the doors from being right up next to the fence.  We screwed the blocks into the fence and then screwed the door to the blocks.


Then....I added my soil and flowers.


 The entire thing probably took an hour.  And the cool part....I still have another set of doors!  I have another idea for those ;-)  What would YOU do with an old set of doors?   


No comments:

Post a Comment