Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Chihuly at the Virginia Fine Arts Museum

Yesterday I told you we visited The Virginia Fine Arts Museum to see the Chihuly exhibit.  I also told you if you didn't know who he was you should Google him.  If you still don't know who he is....well I'm still not going to tell you.  But I will share some pictures of his amazing work. 




Hanging in the atrium is this piece.  HUGE. 
Think I could get it to fit over my
kitchen table?











These pieces are in the ceiling as you walk
through























Outside the museum in the reflecting pool


It was a gorgeous show and I'm so glad we could go.  All the pictures were off my phone so you know in real life they are just that much more amazing.  And before you ask, no we did NOT take the baby.  I didn't want to have a mini stroke each time she reached for something pretty and shiny.  If you want to check out the exhibit do it fast.  It's only at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts until February 10th.   Admission to the show is $20 unless you are a member of the museum or a student.  Either way it's well worth the visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment