Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Saude Creek Winery


Our host Donna


This weekend I spend some time in Williamsburg with a good friend.  We got there by way of I-64 which required us to pass two wineries in New Kent County.  Well you know where this story is going.  I don't have all the pictures down loaded but I thought I would tell you a little about one of the wineries and out visit. 


Saude Creek Winery, in Lanexa Virginia, was our second stop this particular day and so glad it was because we ended up sitting for a while enjoying the views and our wine.



Saude Creek

From the front you just see the winery and the vineyard.  Once you are inside the winery you can look out the back on the forest and in the distance the Pamunkey River.  There is a wrap around porch with lots of chairs and small tables.  There are also a couple fire pits down in the yard so that you could sit outside and have a picnic even when there is a chill in the air.  If there is a chill inside you can just snuggle up close to a roaring fire in their stone fire place.


Now doesn't that look cozy?

Our hostess for the day was Donna and let me tell you she did it up right!  She took us down their list of wines and then hooked us up with some crackers, cheese and meatballs!  She was awesome.  While my girl friend and I sipped a couple glasses of wine we sat by the fire and caught up on old times and made plans to make it back to this winery soon.  Tasting was $5 and you get a souvenir glass to keep.  They are closed on Tuesday but open at 11:00 a.m. the rest of the week.  Closing time is at 6:00 p.m. 





My favorite was the Saude Creek Blush.  I bought a bottle and took it home for Mark to try.  I'll have to do a "yay or nay" on it soon.  I have more pictures of the view from the back porch...I just have to find the time to down load them!


No comments:

Post a Comment