Friday, November 4, 2011

Weekend Warriors

The weekend is upon us once again and I couldn't be happier.  The Busy Bryants will be packing up and heading to Southern Virginia for a weekend of biking on The Virginia Creeper Trail.  I can not lie...I am so excited!  This trip was not my idea, a close frined has been eyeing this trail and made the suggestion and after some online research and many conversations I am ready to do this!  Come Monday I may totally regret the decision but I'm sure there will be plenty of adventures to be had even if the trail is not what we expect.

If you are going to be in the Central Virginia Region on the 6th you can take part in a Thanksgiving Festival at Berkeley Plantation.  The Festival takes place from 9am-5pm.  We visited the plantation in October, you can read about it here



Berkeley Plantation

Another Central Virginia event is being held at Holiday Lake State Park.  November 5th they are hosting a 5K/10K trail race and proceeds benefit the Friends of Holiday Lake State Park.  This group volunteers in the park to maintain trails and various activities throughout the year.  This event is scheduled from 9am-11:30am.


Horton Winery in Orange County will be hosting a Fall Barrel Tasting of their 2010 and 2011 wines on the 5th and 6th is you are in the area.  Tasting will be $10 and you get a suvonir glass from the event.



Horton winery



Those of you that might be in the South Western portion of Virginia today and tomorrow might want to visit Chateau Morrisette Winery for their Tales of Suspense.  Nothing like a little murder/mystery to get the blood pumping.  I have seen two wineries now offering dinners like this.  I'm liking the idea and will be putting this on my "to-do" list. 

Who did it?


Maybe wine isn't your thing....maybe you rather have some brew?  Then how about heading to Brookneal Virginia and visit the Bluegrass, BBQ and Brew Festival at Red Hill, Patrick Henry's retierment home.  The festival is November 5th from 11am-5pm.


Bluegrass, Barbeque and Brew Festival
At Redhill


Northern Virginia has plenty going on this weekend too...but did you know that Caledon State Park is hosting the Caledon Art and Wine Festival on the 5th from 10am-4pm?  Wine tasting is only $10 and admission to everyone else is free.
 

Eastern Virginians can head over to the The Hermitage Museum for the 2nd annual Virginia Roast and Toast. You can enjoy roasted oysters and bluegrass music.  There are also going to be three breweries on tap!



2nd annual Virginia Roast and Toast
At the Hermitage Museum

There are always so many great things going on during the weekends...too bad I can't clone myself to get to all of them.  What will you be doing this weekend?  Leave me a comment and let me know.  Maybe it will be something to add to my 'to-do' list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment