Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Angel Lush Cake

Remember about a week ago I posted a picture of a dessert I made?  Looked like this...





I know I was supposed to get you the recipe last week but that just didn't happen.  So here it is finally today.  I made another one for Easter since it was such a big hit at our house and since it's just that easy to make.  I got the recipe from the side of a can of crushed pineapple....was about to toss it out since I never use it...boy was I glad I kept it and tried it. 

You'll need: a large can of crushed pineapple, a small box of vanilla instant pudding, a cup of whipped topping, fresh fruit to garnish and an angel food cake. 

1. Cut the angel food cake into a top, middle and bottle layer. 
2. Mix the undrained pineapples with the instant pudding and whipped topping. 
3. Layer 1/3 of the pineapple mixture on the bottle layer of the cake and stack the second layer of cake on   
    top of that mixture.  And another 1/3 of the mixture on the second layer of cake.  Place the top of the
    cake on the second layer of mixture and top it off with the remaining pineapple mixture. 
4. Garnish with fresh fruit. 

I let mine sit in the fridge for about an hour to let the whipped topping and fruit set.  I used blueberries on both of mine but strawberries would be cute too or even bananas.


Step 1


Step 2


Step 3


Step 3


Step 3


Step 4

No baking, no special mixers or blenders needed and a total of about 15 mins to whip it up....EASY!  I made the second cake with lite whipped topping and "skinny" fruit so that it would be lower calorie and was still amazing.  Hope you enjoy!   

1 comment:

  1. Oooo yes this cake is so good. Christy Robinson makes this sometimes at the family get togethers.

    ReplyDelete