Thursday, November 1, 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude

Several years ago I was going through a bit of a funk....ok it was a lot more than a bit....it was a big funk.  With a capital "F".  I had a lot on my plate and couldn't really shake the feeling I was sinking faster than the Titanic.  I was desperate to find my way out of that feeling but felt that I had very little resources to help in that department...So I turned to the Internet.  I actually Googled "How to be happy?"  And I started reading.  I read lots and lots of articles, blogs, opinions and I took some notes along the way.  Let me tell you there was some CRAZY stuff out there too buddy.  But what a lot of the information kept leading back to was that happy people are grateful people.  That the happiest people have something in common and that is that they thank their lucky stars for what they have.  And so I started giving it a shot.  And I have to admit that today I am one HAPPY lady!!!  Now is being grateful why I'm happy today?  Is that what changed my funk into a fiesta?  I can't really say.  But I do think that it made a difference.  I started looking for the good in life.  What about this day can I find to be thankful for?  I started finding so much to appreciate that I started to loose sight of the mess in my life.  And slowly the mess....just went away.  Now don't get me wrong.  Crap still happens.  But now I just look at the crap and think....I'll get past it, my family will grow stronger and we will be better people because of it.  So with all that blabbing out of the way I wanted to spend the days before Thanksgiving expressing my "Attitude of Gratitude!"  I've noticed lots of other people doing the same and I couldn't be happier.  Maybe they read the same articles!!!

So Day #1....today I'm greatful for this beautiful season




Watching the leaves change from their gentle greens to burning reds and oranges is just like watching an artist work magic with watercolors.  I'm thankful to live in a place with seasons and also that I can watch it all unfold right around me.  There have been times we've visited forests during leaf changing season and it has taken my breath away.  Ever notice that autumn just smells different?  I love that smell :) 

Join me by leaving a comment about what your greatful for today.  I can't wait to hear what it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment