Tuesday, November 20, 2012

An Attitude of Gratitufe Day 20

For anyone that knows me personally they know that I share a bond like no other with one person in this word.  I am in love with Mark....but it's not him, I would go to the ends of the earth for my kids...but it's not them.  There is one person in this world that can almost read my mind and with just a flick of one eyebrow she can tell you if it's a stay and have tea type day or a grab a shovel, there is a body to bury type situation.  That one person is my sister.  Tessa.


I believe I had Mexican for lunch this day
Just keeping it real


We are 18 months apart in age but growing up mistaken for twins all the time.  We  spent the first 18 or 19 years of life arguing and fighting.  After that I was out of the house and mom and dad realized what an angel I was....haha.  Sorry, sis I couldn't resist.  After I was married she would come stay with me when I was scared to be home alone (do not judge me! a fear of the dark and being alone is totally normal).  Then once I had kids she was Aunt Tessa....still taking a hands off approach to anything that squirmed and smelled bad....she hung in there and helped me out when we really needed it.  After I divorced she really showed her true colors....I think more than once I had to remind her that what she was contemplating doing to my ex was illegal and I didn't have THAT much bail....but it was nice to know she would do anything for me.  She has put up with me calling and crying and she has been there for a million laughs (most of which she caused).  We have fought worse than cats and dogs but I know she always has my back.  She has been through her own fair share of crazy in this lifetime and still hasn't given up hope that life is what you make of it.  So today, day 20 of An Attitude of Gratitude, I'm thankful for my little sister....Tess. 



You rock girl!  Love ya.

1 comment:

  1. This one made me cry!!! It is I who has the most amazing sister in the world! You put up with all of my craziness and moods, so you have MORE than earned your "Sister of the Millenium" award!!
    Oh, and now my shovel is bigger for deeper holes!!!

    ReplyDelete